“Sound, especially when recorded, transmitted, or reproduced” (Oxford Dictionary, 2015)
You need to know how a small audio system works for when you put on an event; this can help when timings are tight, if your team need extra assistance and also so you know it’s been done correctly and safely.
How to set it up:
- You put together the speaker and a speaker stand by simply placing the speaker on top of the stand slotting it into the hole.
- Get a kettle lead and plug the speaker in connecting it to the mixing desk to control the sound.
- Connect a microphone with a microphone lead to the desk.
- For setting up a gig the band usually have stage speakers so they can hear the sound themselves; to do this set up back speakers.
- Turn on the system; desk then speakers, then in reverse order to turn off.
- PA is a chain therefore tech power is clean power. Domestic isn’t as it gets interfered.
- Input and Output of the desk; so the signal goes into the desk and out of the speakers
- Follow TECH SPECs you might be given.
- Masters; main volume for speakers.
- Frequency and Feedback
For more information Click Here.
Oxford Dictionary 2015: [online] Available at http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/audio (Accessed 11th November 2015)
Tech Spec (Steve Bunting): [online] Available at http://totalproaudio.stevebunting.com/12/paperwork/how-to-write-a-band-technical-specification/ (Accessed 11th November 2015)
Click here (Beamworks Productions): [online] available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmHvvf8UKfs (Accessed 11th November 2015)
Figure 1: Boobyer, Abbey, 2015
Figure 2: Boobyer, Abbey, 2015
Figure 3: Boobyer, Abbey, 2015